Hello parents and volunteers!
It’s been a great first week of school and next week we are ready to start Lunch Buddies! Thank you to those that have signed up for shifts.
Wanted to pass along a few things…
- All volunteers must sign in at the front office. Volunteer forms are available to fill out if you have not already done so. All new volunteers must fill one out.
- If you are a Lunch Buddy in the cafeteria trailer you will be given a code to get in the door of the trailer. When you leave follow the path to the main building and turn right. Follow that path all the way around until you come the glass hallway. You will use the same code to enter back in the building and then proceed to the main office to sign out.
Many of you have volunteered as a Lunch Buddy before but in case you have not here are some rules to go by…
1. Choose an apron if you wish. Check to see that it has scissors, napkins, utensil packs, and straws. Use the disinfectant wipes to clean the scissor blades if necessary.
2. Circulate amongst the tables. Students will raise their hand if they need something. If they ask for water, or condiments that you do not have, they can get up and get it themselves, one student at a time from each table.
3. If there is a small spill on a table or the floor you can wipe it up with napkins. If the spill is large, or is on the floor, ask a janitor for assistance.
4. If a child asks to go to the bathroom (in main cafeteria), direct them to the bathrooms out the back door of cafeteria and to the right. Only one child may go at a time. Kindergarten students can be escorted if there are enough adults helping in the cafeteria.
5. There are several Educational Aides who rotate through lunch duty and a Lunch Room monitor who will be responsible for starting the trash collection process two minutes before the assigned dismissal time for each table.
6. Encourage students to sit on their seats with both feet on the floor. While they are at their assigned table they should be seated and talking quietly only with those students next to or across from them.
7. Most important… Smile and have fun!
Please pass this link to anyone you think might like to volunteer and let me know if you have questions or would like more informatio. We welcome parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, neighbors… you get the point! 😉